I also asked a few great friends where their gifts are going. A short list:
- The Edible Schoolyard, which instills healthy habits and education around food systems;
- Doctors Without Borders, because the Financial Times named them their organization of the year;
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, where a bestie is a longtime volunteer;
- Disabled American Veterans;
- Planned Parenthood, by the same friend who donated to Disabled American Veterans — so don’t let anyone tell you that philanthropy breaks down along partisan lines;
- DC Rape Crisis Center, in support of another friend’s longtime service; and
- The ACLU, because, well… you know.
I already feel better, and I hope you do too!